First things first, CLOTHES!
Cute, comfy, and practical!My jacket is from REI, and I bought it during the member sale in December for only 20 bucks! It's a light weight synthetic material that wicks away moisture (i.e. nasty stanky sweat) and is just warm enough to keep out the breeze. It has zippered pockets on the outside, and an internal pocket for your phone/ipod, with a hole for your headphones to thread through. I don't know if you can see them from the picture, but the sleeves also have thumb holes! Keep those metacarpals all nice and cozy ya'll.
The shirt is a Lulu Lemon rip off from target, and it has a comfy built in bra that's perfect for low impact activities like light hiking. I think it was only 15 bucks or so? Bye obscenely expensive name brands. Ain't nobody got time for you! And by time I mean cash, because hello, college, I have priorities here thankyouverymuch.
The leggings are maximum compression capri-length leggings from Old Navy, and they ROCK. I have these in 3 patterns and they are super comfy, breathable, and my butt looks fan-freaking-tastic in them. Almost like I work out and do actual squats. What more do you want out of a pair of leggings? Thank you spandex! They run about 25 dollars pretty consistently, I've never seen them on sale. That being said, these will last you about two years of constant use, and are worth the cost of dinner and a movie. (I would know...)
My shoes are lilac Pumas that match my top, and I think they were 30 smackaroos at Ross. (See what I did there? All coordinated and shit. Hell yeah)
At the same member's sale that I got my jacket, I also got this little Camel back for 30 green, which if you've ever even looked at a Camel Back, you KNOW that's a steal. I love that this one is a waist-belt, it simultaneously carries a liter of water, my keys, sunscreen and lip balm, while also cinching in my waist. Eh? Pretty good right? Right.
Time to do your Hurr Ladies!
(And Gents. I don't believe in gender binaries, and if you have some luscious long locks going on, then you need to get it up and out of your way too.)
For my hair, I'm just doing a bit of an amped-up pony. I started off with a Dutch French Braid starting at my left ear and going over to my right. To do this, all you have to do is section off a 2-3 inch section right next to your hairline, and instead of crossing the left and right pieces over the middle bit, you're going to cross them under! Ta-daah, the secret to the Dutch Braid are revealed! Once you get to the other ear, go ahead secure the end, and pull each side of each little plait so it flattens out, and gives you the appearance of having a thicker braid.
I don't believe in teasing my hair because it causes so much damage, so instead I twisted the top half of the hair I have allotted for my pony, and pouffed it up a bit for some volume at the crown.
Now take out whatever you have holding the braid, and swipe everything into a pony! DONE. So easy!
Now take out whatever you have holding the braid, and swipe everything into a pony! DONE. So easy!
![]() |
| Mmm dat Dutch braid tho. |
Finish it on up!
So before I head out the door, I'm going to swipe on some pink lip balm and a decent coat of mascara for a natural and minimalist look. Nothing is grosser than having your face melt off mid-date, so keep that face nice and bare. I popped on my favorite studs, and called it good. Oh, and one last thing, SO MUCH SUNSCREEN.
Guys. Seriously. Wear it. I'm begging you. Your skin is begging you. Just do it. (Nike swoop)
Guys. Seriously. Wear it. I'm begging you. Your skin is begging you. Just do it. (Nike swoop)
Now Go Enjoy your Nature-Date!




No comments:
Post a Comment