Learn to Make a Pom-Pom Garland with Me!
My roomie and I have been out of AZ for most of the summer, and we're moving back and into our new apartment soon! Once we have all of our crap in order, and our space is habitable, we thought it would be fun to throw a little house-warming party!
Of course, me being the pinterest addict that I am, I took that as an excuse to look at millions of pictures of garlands and balloons, and other cutesy instagram-filtered, fairy light, mason jar projects.
Guys- I fell in love- with a pom pom garland.
Remember how I told you guys that my mom is a hoarder? Yeah. I have tons of yarn at my disposal, just waiting to be molded into something adorable. Something like... I don't know, GIANT POM POMS? What better way to use up some yarn?
My roomie and I aren't sure about the details for the party, or even actually throwing one, but I'm still going to bring this with me and hang it on my door, or over the arch to the hall, maybe? It's too damn cute to refuse, so here you go! I hope you enjoy!
First you have to pick your yarn, and make a template. Out of the yarn I had, I picked out some spring/summer pastels, including Mint (with shimmer), White (with shimmer), Orange Sherbet, Dusty Rose, and Raspberry. I'll be showing you the first steps on Mint.For the template, I just used the front of a graham cracker box. Super easy bro.
So once you have the template and the yarn, you're going to just wrap the yarn around the template a bajillion times, and then cut each side. Try to keep your wrapping relatively loose, or cutting the ends is going to be a bitch.
Now that you have the loose bits of yarn all in a bundle, pinch that stack in half, and tie another piece of yarn around the middle. Pull and tie.Done! Sorta.
You end up with this sad, foppish, Cousin-It wannabe.
You need to give it a haircut.
There isn't any right way of doing it, just trim the ends until you get it as symmetrical and spherical as possible.
Personally, I like the shaggy ones, they look like flowers out of a Suess Book, but it's up to you.
![]() |
| The one on the left is trimmed, the one on the right is not. |

The next part is probably the most tedious. You have to sew them on the ribbon.
I tried gluing, and stapling, and begging, but this seems to be the only thing that works. Sorry, you just have to do it, but I promise it'll be worth it.
Tadahhhh!




No comments:
Post a Comment