Racial Ambiguity Really Works in Bars
I wouldn't really call myself a party girl, but since I'm leaving Seattle in the next few days, my friends wanted to take me out to celebrate a bit before I left. She knew the bouncer at this bar who would wave me in as long as I behaved once I got in. Score. She told me to get all swanked up, so I went with my go-to party look: Golden Goddess.
I'm racially ambiguous most days, but play up my eyes and my tan, and people really don't know what to think. In a party situation, this is always a conversation starter. It's a great way to break the ice without having to say a damn thing. Let my eyes do the talking, so I don't have to worry about stumbling over an introduction. Done.
All right folks, here we go!
It's Prime Time.
It's Prime Time.

Let's prime that face yeah? I'm using Benefit's That Gal Luminizing Primer, MAC's Studio Moisture Tint in Medium, and Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer in No. 02. I like to mix a pea size amount of the luminating primer into the tinted moisturizer for a more sheer, "lit from within" look. Of course, then use the concealer brush to cover your spots, and move on to step 2.

This is mainly an eye look, so you're going to need a really great primed eye to pull it off and make it last. I'm using Jordana Eye Shadow Pencils in Nude and Brown, and Benefit's Concealer/ Primer Duo, in Boi-ing No. 02/Lemon Aid.
![]() |
| Pre-Blend |
![]() |
| Post Blend |
Fill in your brows with the brown eye shadow pencil, then highlight the arch with Lemon Aid. Color the lid and inner corner with the nude eye shadow pencil, paint a triangle under the eye with Boi-ing in No.02.
Bled that sucker out with either your finger, or a soft fluffy concealer brush.
Now that we're primed, it's time for the Peep(er) Show

From Urban Decay's Naked Palette, I'm using Half-Baked, a pretty sheer gold color. Use a fluffy eye shadow brush to swipe that across the entirety of your lid.

From the same palette, I'm using Toasted to smudge into the outer two thirds of my crease, this time using an angled eye shadow brush.


Using a clean fluffy angle brush place the lightest color, Virgin,on your brow bone and inner corner.


Use Creep to line the top lash line, and fill in the outer two thirds of the bottom waterline. Smudge the outer third to connect the top to the bottom.

Wet an eyeliner brush, and dip it into Half Baked. Use this to line the inner half of your eye, and blend it into the black.
Curl your lashes, and use two coats of black mascara. The first is a lighter coat, mainly focusing on length and separation, and the second is for volume.
Yay Your Eyes are Done! Move on to the Rest of Your Face!
Powder your face to neutralize any pigmentation issues your tinted moisturizer missed, and control shine. I'm applying MAC's Sheer Pressed Powder in NC30, with a fluffy retractable kabuki brush manufactured by Eco-tools.


Next, I'm using a duo-fiber polishing brush to apply Benefit's Coralista Blush. It smells like vacation time :)


For that true "Golden Goddess" look, we need bronzer. I'm using MAC's Refined Gold with a dense angled brush, on my forehead, nose, and the hollows of my cheek.
There You Have It!
I wore a Black Maxi with cutouts at the bust and back, and a subtle gold leaf earring. I just let my hair just hang out, and do what it does naturally.
Enjoy!










No comments:
Post a Comment